Dr. CHANDRAKANT KOKATE. M.Pharm, Ph.D , FGAES
Date of Birth: 15th August 1947 (At Bhainsa, A.P)
- B.Pharm - 1967, Nagpur University, (First Division)
- M.Pharm - 1969, University of Saugar, First in First (Awarded Gold Medal)
- Ph.D - 1972, (Pharm. Sci.) By Thesis.
- Post Doctoral Research at Bundesanstalt Fuer Fett Forschung, Germany.
- Visiting Scientist in Germany (1986) on invitation by DAAD.
- Vice–Chancellor, Kakatiya University, Warangal, A.P.
- President, Pharmacy Council of India.
- President, 50th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress alongwith Federation of Asian Pharmaceutical Association (FAPA)
- National President, Indian Pharmaceutical Association.
- President, Indian Society of Pharmacognosy.
- Executive Committee Member of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Vice–Chancellor (FAC), Nagarjuna University, Guntur,A.P.
- Chairman, All Indian Board of Pharmacy, AICTE
- Member, Drugs Technical Advisory Board, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India
- Member, UGC Standing Committee for Projection of Indian Higher Education Abroad (PIHEAD), Review and Plan Grant Committees.
- Member, National Board of Accreditation of AICTE.
- Member, Task Force of Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
- Leader of Indian Delegation of Pharmacists, to 18th Federation of Asian Pharmaceutical Association (FAPA) at Sydney, Australia and International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) Conference at Bangkok.
- Member, National GATE- Committee of Ministry of HRD, Govt of India
- Member, QRT Committee of Indian Council of Agricultural Research for M & AP.
- Served as the Member of Search Committee Advisor for the selection of top-most senior national positions in pharmacy.
- Founder Member, SEAR-Forum (South East Asian Regional Forum) of WHO-FIP.
- Vice-Chancellor, KLE University, Belgaum.
- Chairman-Expert Panel Committee for approval of Fixed Dose Combinations,(FDC’s) Ministry of Health, Government of India.
- Member, National Scientific Advisory Group (SAG) of the Division of Basic Medical Sciences (BMS), Indian Council of Medical Research.
- Member, National Consultative Committee of Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission & Pharmacovigilance, Government of India.
- Chairman/ Member of UGC Committees for Universities, UGC Nominee for Special Assistance Programs.
- CHAIRMAN, PEER TEAM of NAAC and NBA
- Scientific Coordinator, EDUCON, SAKAAL Group, Pune.
- National Adviser, Society of Pharmacognosy.
- Academic Council / Senate member / Planning and Monitoring Board / Member of Board of Management of Seven Central, State and Deemed - Universities.
FIRST PHARMACIST IN THE COUNTRY TO BECOME:
- Vice-Chancellor of an Indian University
- Vice-Chancellor of the Medical (Health) University
- Chairman of the Regional Committee of AICTE - (SRC)
- Chairman of the Recruitment Board of RAC for DRDO Laboratories,
- Ministry of Defence, Government of India
- Honorary Colonel Commandant, NCC, Ministry of Defence, Govt of India
- Fellow of Indian Society of Technical Education
NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS Total – 30
- Including Eminent Pharmacist Award of Indian Pharmaceutical Association and Life Time Achievement Awards of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India, Indian Society of Pharmacognosy and Indian Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists & Technologists.
- Unique distinction of receiving all five national awards given in Indian Pharmaceutical Congress.
- Visited around 36 Countries for Academic collaborations and Presentations at International Conferences.
- Delivered Seven Convocation Addresses of the Universities / Health Institutions.
- Guided 17 students for Ph.D programme and 40 students for PG in Pharmacy.
- Authored Seven Books in Pharmacognosy / Pharmacy. One book is in 48th Edition.
- Published about 115 research papers in National and International Journals.
- Examined so far, 70 Ph.D. theses in Faculties of Medicine, Pharmacy, Science and Technology.
- Chaired 17 Scientific sessions at International Conferences and around 50 National Meetings.
- Presented 45 research papers at International Conferences and about 80 papers at National Meetings.